Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My precious little wonder


Thaddaeus is coming to 5 months old in slightly more than a week's time. For the past month, friends and colleagues who have babies around the same time have been telling me about the progress of their babies, eg 'my daughter can flip over already', 'my son started on solid food' etc etc. Well Thaddaeus wasn't as agile, he didn't flip over. Neither did I start him on solid. But I wasn't worried. Because I know his creator has plans for him. I know I need not worry.


Indeed I'm right. Thaddaeus managed to flip from lying on his back to lying on his tummy this morning. He gave me a bright smile after holding up his head, as if to tell me 'hey, mummy, I didn't disappoint you, did I?'.


Anyway, it's school holidays now. I'm trying to stay home as often as I can to enjoy my son's company. Just a week ago, when I brought him downstairs for a stroll, I met an auntie, pushing her baby granddaughter in the stroller. The auntie started a conversation with me, telling me with pride her granddaughter can flip over when she was 3 months old and at her 5th month, she weighs 5.6kg. She then asked me how old, how heavy, how whatever is Thaddaeus. So, being nice, I told her. To my dismay, this auntie commented 'Are you sure he's not overweight? 7.5kg for a 4-month old baby is too heavy.' I was about to shoot back 'If you are using Thumbelina as a yardstick, then I believe your granddaughter is of the perfect size'. I stopped myself in time. Just because others are less tactful doesn't warrant me to be mean. After the episode, I concluded that this is human nature, bring down others in order to make yourself look better. I told myself 'Hey, I dun need to bring others down in order to make Thaddaeus look better, coz he looks good enough already! hehe.....'


By the way, I suspect my little wonder is teething, coz he keeps chewing whatever he can lay his fingers on. He also kind of lost his apetite, having to coax him in order to feed him. Some days he is cranky, some days he is an angel.
I wish everyday is a holiday, then I can stay at home and be amused by little Thaddaeus. I think my students also wish the same: Let everyday be a holiday!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! :)

Your boy is adorable! :) Anyway, if it is of any consolation, my boy was probably around that weight when he was 5 mths. He is 9.2kg @ 7 mths. Hehe!

Happy mummy-ing! :)

irene said...

aw... so sweet... your boy.. ha ha.. i live chubby babies... i think they are only cute with cheeks.. ha ah .. as your boy's shirt say stop bugging me hehe.. i shall stop here :P good good... everyone is precious and beautifuul in God's eyes alredi lu.. no need to strive and earn his love ...

Anonymous said...

Great work.