Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Best Friend's wedding

We drove to KL again on Saturday, to attend a wedding. Thad tagged along as well. It was my primary schoolmates' wedding, yes, the couple knew each other since primary school but love blossomed much later, in their twenties. I knew the groom better as I attended the same primary, secondary schools, as well as college. We were not close during primary and lower secondary days, but we were very good friends during upper sec and college days. He had been there when I fell madly in love with my ex, been there also when i cried my eyes out when we broke up. There was another friend whom we used to hang out with, Yeat. I still remember when I came to Singapore for my studies, I was worried that I would never find close friends like them anymore. The first time I visited home during vacation, we met up for supper and then they came over to my house and we chatted till morning. Those are the days I really miss.

After all these years in Singapore, I have to admit that distance did take a toll on our friendship. I am sad to say that we are no longer that close. Sometimes I wonder if our friendship has been reduced to just hi-bye friends. It could be me putting in very little effort in maintaining, it could be just that all of us are busy with our own lives that we seldom keep in touch. Now that all three of us are married and at different places (Yeat is in China now), I think it'll be even harder.

Anyway, I'm happy for him. I can see that he's happy and eager to start a new chapter in his life. The wedding was nothing less than perfect, and I believe the marriage will be just as good. Too bad I was not able to take any picture as I was busy tending to Thad (he refused to be carried by his dad for longer than 5 minutes).

So, the bride and the groom (u know who you are), if you happen to read this, from the bottom of my heart, I wish you happiness in your married life. Always remember the vow you have made, that's what I always do when hubby and I had differences. And to the groom, there are 2 rules:
Rule1: the wife is always right
Rule2: if the wife is not right, refer to Rule1

1 comment:

irene said...

wow... i didn't know you and the groom was that close.. anyway, it's always good to have close friends...